Go back

speaking

Forums Dragon Lord Guides speaking

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  30689255 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Participant

how do you speak in this game?

images-1

Attachments:

SnowFox
    Participant

What do you mean?
    The game is focused on English-speaking players.

Which
    Participant

Near the bottom-left corner (it can be slightly higher in some situations), there is a panel which has a few tabs. By default, it will usually show the recent happenings in the game. This should help you to find it. You can switch to the ‘World’ tab to chat. It has some other options like ‘team up,’ for when you are in a multi-player dungeon or such and wish to co-ordinate with team-mates (or tell them to click ‘ready’). Alternatively, you have a ‘faction chat’ room once you gain factions. If someone is added to your ‘friend list,’ you can have a private chat with them. Or you could marry, although recall that, “Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.”

That’s if you were asking for how to speak with other players. The question was slightly vague. At the least, this might be of interest to other players who are curious about this – I’m not sure that all of these chat options are clearly pointed out early in the game.

Participant

I wish there was a tab added to the chat for friend chat so you would be able to swap like for faction and clan chat and not have to have a seperate box open that closes everytime you are in a battle

Participant

I wish there was a tab added to the chat for friend chat so you would be able to swap like for faction and clan chat and not have to have a seperate box open that closes everytime you are in a battle

and I would like to add that the purple in teamup is a bad choice of color since it is hard to read when in battles.. a brighter color would be easier to read…

Which
    Participant

The problem with a friend chat tab is that communication with them is quite personal, and you have a separate conversation with each of them. Hence, you couldn’t necessarily have a tab for each conversation. Further, people might have quite a lot of friends. Perhaps easier would be something like a ‘feed,’ which displays the messages of your friends and etc. along with their names. I’m not sure if this is necessary, and the chat tabs tend to instead direct you to overall ‘rooms’ (eg. faction chat, world chat) where you can speak and so on.

The purple text isn’t necessarily that hard to read, however some people could have legitimate problems of that sort. The game should also probably introduce the chat area slightly during the earlier period, since otherwise you would often have to find the team chat – etc. – on your own. It might not be immediately obvious what they are for, and many newer members end up replying to team-up messages in other streams. This makes communication slightly more difficult than it needs to be, among other things. However, purple text does sort of complement the colour scheme of this game – with places like the Holy City, etc. I don’t mind the idea.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Which.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Which.

Participant

hej all

Participant

Good

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.
Attention! For proper authorization and operation of the applications, you must allow the use of third-party cookies.
Accept